When you think of water, most people are concerned about how much you have to drink in a day. In reality, the figure of 6-8 glasses per day is supported by very little science. Consider instead the potential benefits of the water you drink, and how your body and health can be supported by a clean water system or water purification system.
Purified water benefits at a glance
- It helps keep our joints lubricated and cushions the brain and spinal cord.
- It helps to remove waste from the body by supporting essential kidney function.
- It maintains a safe blood pressure by creating the ideal thickness of our blood.
- It helps us maintain our performance and endurance while exercising; as many studies have found that dehydration is common after 30 minutes of exercise. Dehydration can begin to significantly impede on our performance and overall health levels. Water even significantly reduces the probability of waking up hungover the night after drinking alcohol (2a).
- Your brain is strongly influenced by how hydrated or dehydrated we are. Often it can be hard to make the connection between lack of water and a current head ache. Tiredness, lethargy, headaches and poor concentration can all be exacerbated by a lack of clean water (2b).
What does science say?
The exact amount of water each individual is recommended to drink each day is still up for discussion - those who lose a lot of water throughout the day due to exercise or being outdoors may need to drink more than others. However, science is leaning towards the quality of the water we drink becoming just as important as the volume (2c).
So if you’re in the recommended habit of drinking about a half-gallon to a gallon of water a day, you might like to add a focus on the quality of the water you are consuming. For example, whether you are consuming tap water or clean water from a water purifier, the true significance lies in the quality, rather than quantity of the water you drink. The importance of a clean water system is becoming more and more pertinent as waterways and homes become older and more prone to pipe corrosion.
When we consider the incredible benefits and necessities of water, the quality of the water we drink becomes resoundingly important. Ask yourself, would you bother drinking a gallon of contaminated tap water, or water without contaminants? A water purifier microorganisms, dust, gas by-products, fine particles, and chemicals such as Chlorine that run through the pipes of countless American water systems (2d) . Coway offers a range of inexpensive monthly payment plans, but highly effective water purifier systems that ensure your home health and the water your drink is guaranteed. With Coway, Drinks are on us. Daily.